Do you love distributed systems? Do you care about usable security? We have an amazing job for you on a friendly and inclusive team.
You should have several years of experience with distributed systems, in particular NoSQL database and queueing systems. You will be working on a team with other backend developers and devops, and your mission will be to make our systems more resilient and performant.
While we do not require you to have deep knowledge of cryptography, we expect senior team members to have awareness of and interest in security best practices.
- 5+ years of experience in backend/platform development;
- An excellent understanding of distributed systems and their tradeoffs;
- Experience working with NoSQL;
- Excellent documentation skills;
- Ability to clearly articulate technical problems, design and implementation choices to a broad range of stakeholders (e.g. sales team, users, security experts);
- Approachable, friendly team player — no rock stars!
- Node.js experience;
- Experience with Cassandra, Riak, or other databases with tunable consistency;
- Experience with configuration management systems and with DevOps tasks/environments;
- Experience in application security testing;
- Working knowledge of applied cryptography;
- Contributions to open source communities (whether code or other kinds of content, e.g. localization, documentation).
Our development team is partially remote (with a "remote first" process), so we expect candidates to have excellent written communication skills. We welcome remote applicants in timezones between EEST and CST, though we will prioritize Canadian applicants.
Benefits include flexible schedule and location, as well as an employee stock option plan.
We encourage applicants for all positions to send a description of a recent project they’ve enjoyed working on, and a link to it if publicly available. We would also love to hear comments on usable security in general, or directly relating to our product. Applications may be in French or English.
Please send your application to email@example.com as a pdf or txt file (other formats will be rejected).