We are seeking a versatile and approachable team member to maintain and provide tooling for our backend services. You might be a seasoned, security-oriented sysadmin, or a backend developer who happens to love DevOps.
You will be working with a stack that includes nodejs, Cassandra, and Redis, so some familiarity with these tools is a plus. You should be just as happy working with cloud architecture (such as AWS) as with bare metal servers, since you will be supporting a variety of environments.
Your daily tasks will include working on optimizing our production environments, as well as facilitating development and general operations of the company. You will work closely with our backend developers, as well as QA and customer support. You should be a team player, and love helping others as well as tackling technical challenges, whether on your own or with colleagues.
- 3+ years of experience in web or systems development;
- 3+ years of experience in Linux systems administration;
- Excellent familiarity with IP networking, especially in virtualized environments
- Proficiency in infrastructure automation;
- An excellent understanding of distributed systems and their tradeoffs;
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills;
- Excellent documentation skills;
- Ability to clearly articulate technical problems, design and implementation choices to a broad range of stakeholders (e.g. executives, security academics, community members).
- Experience managing environments on AWS;
- Experience operating Cassandra clusters (or some other distributed database);
- Experience with pub-sub or queueing services (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ);
- Experience in application and network security testing;
- Experience with virtualization platforms (such as Xen or OpenStack);
- Contributions to open source communities (whether code or other kinds of content, e.g. localization, documentation).
Our development team is partially remote (with a "remote first" process), so we expect candidates to have excellent written communication skills. We welcome remote applicants in timezones between EEST and CST, though we will prioritize Canadian applicants.
Benefits include flexible schedule and location, as well as an employee stock option plan.
We encourage applicants for all positions to send a description of a recent project they’ve enjoyed working on, and a link to it if publicly available. We would also love to hear comments on usable security in general, or directly relating to our product. Applications may be in French or English.
Please send your application to email@example.com as a pdf or txt file (other formats will be rejected).